The Sisters of St. Joseph founded Sacred Hearts School in 1938 with the opening of the first and second grades. The class of 1945
was the first graduating class. As the school prospered, the needs of the parish called for expansion. During the school year 1959-1960,
eight classrooms, a cafeteria, and a gymnasium/auditorium were added. In the years that followed, lay teachers joined the faculty.
With the rising cost of education in the early 1970's, Sacred Hearts School
was forced to cut back to its original number of eight classrooms, with one class at each grade level. In 1975 a parent's organization
was formed to help alleviate the rising cost of the school. In 1977, a kindergarten was opened to reach out to another segment
of the parish community. In the early 1980s, a school board was formed to assist the Pastor and the Principal. The Sisters of St. Joseph
left the parish and in 1992 the Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary (The Good Shepherd Sisters of Quebec) began administering in the
parish.The Sisters left in 2004, and Sacred Hearts School had its first lay Principal, who is still serving today. The school is currently
staffed by all lay personnel.
During the present Principal's tenure, the school has seen many changes. The student population has risen, resulting in double classrooms at
each grade level. The kindergarten was moved and integrated into the Early Childhood Center, which is located up the street in the Pastoral Center.
A new art room, music room, computer lab, library, nurse's office, and administrative offices were constructed on the basement level. A part-time
Development Director has been added to engage alumni and other stakeholders in fostering relationships as leaders and ambassadors of Sacred Hearts
School, to meet current and long-term financial goals.
We Live our Mission
We begin each day at Sacred Hearts School with prayer and the recitation of our mission statement. This reminds us of why
we are here and that God is guiding us throughout our day. We strive to provide a positive, supportive atmosphere that lends
itself to individual excellence both in the classroom and in extracurricular activities.
A Rich and Proud Heritage
Today, more than 470 students are receiving a quality Catholic education at our school, many of them the children and
grandchildren of alumni. We are proud of our school and its students. If you would like to become part of our rich history, please
contact the school office.